Friday, June 5, 2020

The Waterford Toys "R" Us Has Been Gated Off

Welcome to another sad blog entry. Yesterday I talked about the possible suspension of the Ames Fan Club, and today, I'm talking about the future for the Waterford Toys "R" Us. When I went to photograph it the other day, a gate surrounded the front of the property. I was pretty bummed when I saw this because I was looking forward to photographing it in it's abandoned glory. I'm unsure what the future holds, but it will most likely be demolished, which can bee seen in one of my photos.


PICTURES: 


Pulling up to the property

The property itself was barely visible due to it being blocked by black gates.

I was able to stick the lens of my point-and-shoot camera in a gap between the gates to take a good shot of the property. As you can see in the bottom left corner, it says "DEMO", which leads me to think it will be demolished for a new property.

At least the sign was visible.


That's it for this blog. There will be some less saddening blogs coming very soon!

-Simpsonfan311

No comments:

Post a Comment