Sunday, May 31, 2020

McDonald's: Colchester, Connecticut




Welcome to a new series here on Retail on the Thames! In this series we take a look at older McDonald's Restaurants in eastern Connecticut. The fist one we will be looking at is the Colchester location.

INFO: Located on Route, 85, this McDonald's is not only one of the few fast food options in Colchester, but it's also one of the last Mansard-Style McDonald's in New London County. This location was built in the mid-80's as a regular McD's. The PlayPlace was added on after this location's opening, but has been here for a while


PICTURES:



The entrance side of the restaurant


The PlayPlace








The Drive-Thru
An interesting thing about this location is that some of the branding consists of what I like to call the "skateboard logo", which is pretty uncommon.

Back to the entrance


The main sign

Drive-Thru signs

"Thank You" signs


McD's logo on doors.

That's it for this blog. There's going to be a lot to look forward to in the next couple of weeks. I'll see you guys tomorrow for a "June Preview"!

-Simpsonfan311

2 comments:

  1. I like the skateboard logo as well. I usually call it "M on Wheels" :)

    Do you think one of the sign faces was replaced at some point? I see that only one side has the "billions and billions served" text.

    Great shots of the classic enter and exit signs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm unsure. I never really frequented this location, so I'm not sure if the sign changed or not.

    On another note, thanks! I love this location's drive-thru signs.

    ReplyDelete