Thursday, August 27, 2020

Construction, Demolition, and Renovation

Welcome to what I'm going to be calling a Retail on the Thames newsletter. Over the past month, I've discovered a few retail-related changed across eastern Connecticut. After quite a bit of procrastination, I'm ready to show these changes!



1. Norwich Chipotle Begins Construction


Plans for Norwich to get a Chipotle have gone back to late 2019, and the construction process has now started. The construction of this Chipotle led to the demolition of four houses, which is sad to see, but hopefully the Chipotle will bring in some business. According to the article I linked, Chipotle will be opening in the fall.

2. The Waterford Toys "R" Us Has Been Demolished



This is something I discovered beck in late July, but never took pictures of until August. When I went here back in late May, The property was still abandoned, but it was gated off. I predicted that the structure was going to be demolished, due to chalk writing hinting at it, and I ended up being right. I have no Idea what is going to be built on the space.

The Old Saybrook McDonald's Gets Renovated.

I'm pretty sure we all saw this coming. I was looking forward to getting a photoshoot of this recently converted McMansard, but I got a nasty surprise when I drove by the property. The building had gotten an ugly, uninspired EotF remodel. What interests me about this remodel is how they kept the roofline, but still managed to box it. My guess is that Old Saybrook has a code that caused the roofline to stay.


That's it for this one! I'll see you all next time!

-Simpsonfan311

No comments:

Post a Comment